Monday, March 30, 2009

House hunting

The fiance' and I have been out house-hunting most of the weekend. Ugh! I really do not like house-hunting at all! I really like my condo, but it is in no way big enough for 2 of us, so we will need a bigger place for sure. We found some really great places, way out of our price range, and then we found some really crappy places within our price range. Guess it's time to put the nose to the grindstone again and get to trimming the fat in our usual spending. Ahh, time for another challenge! I love it! We're not in a big hurry to buy another place because for one, we do have my place which will be fine for awhile longer and two, he's not here all the time, so it is still me living alone most of the time. I just wish we could find something sooner rather than later, I really don't like spending my weekends getting in and out, in and out, in and out of the car! :( Oh well, hopefully we can find something we can be happy living in for years to come.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Live Simply- Live Well said...

Does your fiance(sp??) know about your blog? Are yall on the same page when it comes to all things related to finance? Is he as motivated as you are to really save and pay down debt?

Live Simply- Live Well said...

thanks for your post! i have been reading your blog for quite a while, and i think it is great!
i really admire how determined you are to save. so many people are determined to just get out of debt, but they dont take that determination to their savings. it is like i got out of debt, now i am done.
so congrats on the engagement! i consider myself newly married (2 years) and it is great, hard, fun, sad, but totally worth it! i hope you both are very happy and can't wait to read about all of yalls adventures together!

Jerry said...

I hope you are finding houses. The time to buy is now, right!?? You get that credit from the government and the housing prices are so low now. We were selling ours last year but it didn't sell so now we're renting. In order to cover the mortgage, taxes and insurance we only need about $1000. Hopefully, we can sell soon.
Jerry
www.leads4insurance.com