Monday, February 9, 2009

2nd detail completed, we think

So, we think we have set a date. Nov. 14th. We have a couple of venues we will be looking at this coming weekend and are hoping to nail it down then. This is hopefully an easy date to be able to find something for as it's after the big wedding season and before holiday parties. :) Wish us luck!!

And today, I had an unexpected expense, but thankfully not too big a deal and I was able to easily cover it. I had to purchase a new battery for my 8 year old car. First time I have had to do it and thankfully it was only about $100. Didn't need to take anything out of the emergency fund or put it on the credit card. Yay! ;)

Other than that, not too much going on here. Once we have the venue set we can get moving on many of the other details. A couple of the sites we are looking at will have their own catering requirements which will make it easier, although maybe not less expensive, to get these things done. I'm really looking forward to shopping for the wedding dress and helping my bridesmaids pick theirs out. I'm letting them each choose a dress that they like and that flatters their figure, my only requirement is that they be black. I'm hoping this will allow them each to pick a dress that they can wear again for something else and they will be comfortable in whatever they choose. Most of the other wedding details I must admit, are not really my cup of tea, so thankfully I have 2 very good friends who are very excited to help with this part. I'll keep you posted on how the details come along... :)

2 comments:

indebt said...

Great idea with the bridesmaid dresses

Happy wedding planning!!!

alex said...

Hello "change can be a good thing" author,

As a fellow blogger I came across your blog and read some very interesting and good posts!

However I have noticed your have not posted anything in quite a while??

Anyhow I have a little offer for you....

The company I work for would like to pay you to put a text link to a credit card site on your blog. I have not seen any other deals already, but would love to make you an offer anyway. I’m sure we can come up with some good terms?!

The website is called creditcardmenu.com and we will be launching a new fantastic looking credit card review and comparison service which is free to our customers; so let me know your thoughts.

So let the bartering begin??!

Oh and keep on blogging!

Alex Preece
Bad with my money, great with other peoples!
Negotiator
(I am based in London, England so excuse the weird times you get this email!)
Giant Investments
E: alex.preece@giant.org.uk
T: 01273 224002
M: 07976 989946