Friday, November 7, 2008

Keeping things in line...

well, here it is a week into November and I am very optimistic about my saving and spending. A few things have come up, but I have been able to keep it together and haven't overspent any where yet. The weekend is looking to be fairly mellow. A football game to go to tomorrow, then otherwise I think I will be spending most of it at home. It's suppose to be a very wet and blustery weekend, the perfect kind to spend indoors. I tend to become a hermit in the wintertime, I just don't like to venture out in to the cold much. I've had a few more sales on half.com and a few things listed on Craigslist so I have been able to do a little bit more cleaning out and earning a bit of money is always nice. I'm slowly but surely getting the money to pay the loan off that I owe my parents. I am very optimistic that I can pay the loan in full by October next year, but am really hoping to have it all by April when my next payment is due. It will feel so great to have that paid off and no longer owe any money to anyone except for my mortgage. What a stress reducer that will be. :)

I have ordered a Christmas present for my niece and nephew today. They are getting a gift together and it's actually a gift certificate for an experience they will be able to enjoy as an entire family. I decided that they have WAY too many toys and games and there is no way I was going to buy them more things. I would rather buy them something to go do and even better that they can do it as a family. I only have a few more gifts to buy and I am very excited about the things I have decided to give this year. My 4 nephews in Alaska will also be getting a family gift certificate for something they can all enjoy together.

I'll continue to look for ways to reduce my spending, save my money and earn more. Frugality is my way of life....

7 comments:

paisley penguin said...

Love the idea of an experience as a gift. Material things will soon be forgotten or outgrown but an experience will indeed last a lifetime. Kudos to you!

Mademoiselle said...

I always say if a gift is from the heart, then it's a great gift. It doesn't matter cheap or expensive, just the fact that someone was thinking of you is the best gift you can get! :) A card sometimes warms up your heart and no gift can replace that feeling! Good luck with your spendings and savings too :)

debtfree2009 said...

I liket he idea of giving an experience too. I'm sure the parents will love not having another toy to pick up.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I look forward to keeping up with the progress on becoming debtfree.

Simplicity in Kansas said...

Way to go Girl!! Keep up the great frugal work and all the progress. I am still living my frugal ways and have made great progress this year yet no longer blogging due to workmates issues and protecting my anonymous nature of self. I am still have you in my reader and am following your great journey! Keep up the solid work. With support and good thoughts you frugal community in Kansas Country!

indebt said...

What a great idea for a gift!

And I bet it will feel fantastic to only owe to a mortgage!

Jerry said...

Living frugally is great whether or not you have a lot of money. It's good to live within your means and save what you don't spend. This leads to modest living and you can use your money towards things that are important to you. If everyone lived this way think of all the good we could do! It leads you to appreciate what you have. It's your insurance policy fo common sense living.

Jerry
www.leads4insurance.com

Jerry said...

It's good that you have this outlook in November going into December. The holidays always lead to overspending. As to doing some cleaning house and selling, I'm all for it. In fact, we sold one of our cars to simplify and cut down on our insurance. It helped us pay down a major chunk of debt. Good for you and keep it up!

Jerry
www.leads4insurance.com