Thursday, October 30, 2008

Some extra money coming is always nice..

As I said in my last post, I am working really hard to try to do whatever I can to have the full $20,000 needed to pay my parents off in April. I decided to do a little spring cleaning and have listed several movies and books on half.com and am pleased that I am already seeing some sales come in. Yeah! I will put that money straight into my ING savings account so it can earn the most interest. Next month I will also be depositing my 12th deposit into my TD Ameritrade account in which I will then receive a $100 bonus. Yes!! I love, love, love free money!

I am also doing everything I can to continue to cut my expenses and save money wherever possible. Right now I have 19 no spend days this month, and I am doubtful I will be spending money tomorrow, so I will once again achieve my goal of 20 no spend days! Yeah!! November is looking like it will be fairly quiet for me too, so that is great! I don't anticipate any extra expenses next month and if I can continue having at least 20 no spend days, I think I will do really well.

I did take a couple more small surveys that will amount to about another $9, not much, but every bit helps. Then when the are deposited into my ING account and compounding interest kicks in, then you really see your money work for you.

I didn't buy any candy for Halloween as I won't be home. This is good for two reasons; 1. I didn't have to spend money on candy and 2. there isn't the chance that I will have leftover candy to tempt me!! I will be at my brother's house and will probably head out trick or treating with the kids. Then we will head over to my parents house for a bit too.

Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone!

3 comments:

SavingDiva said...

20 No Spend days is extremely impressive! :) I'm just getting used to listing how much I'm spending every day....

Sammy said...

I agree with SavingDiva... 20 no-spending days are impressive. Care to share some tips on how you managed to do that?

Budgets are Sexy said...

hell yeah that's great! i couldn't do it. well, i *could* if i tried hard enough, but i'm not gonna ;)

happy halloween!