Monday, October 6, 2008

A question about surveys...

I received a comment about doing surveys, wondering if they are safe and worth it. I have to say yes to both. I have been doing surveys for a long time, probably about 4 years and have earned quite a bit of money from them and been able to test a lot of new products too. I have a lot of fun with it and have been pleasantly surprised with the amount of extra income I have been able to receive. I know not everyone thinks it is worth it, but for me it is. I log on to each of the sites every morning to see if there are any invites, even though the invites come in my e-mail. I have found that just be a quick logging in and having that activity in my account, has increased the number of invites I have received.

Now, as to whether or not it is safe, I am not sure what you are asking. Typically I receive checks in the mail for my payments, so the only info I am giving out is my address, although some sites will pay you through paypal. You aren't giving out your personal information or any bank account info, so I say yes, it is perfectly safe. Please let me know if you have other concerns that I am perhaps not thinking about. But in answer to your general questions, yes I have found it to be both worthwhile and safe.

In fact, just this weekend I was chosen to participate in another study that will require 2 30 minute sessions and will pay out $85! Not too shabby. :)

I welcome any questions that you might have about surveys though, and mystery shopping, this has gone fairly well for me also. These are fun to participate in and the payout is nice too. Of the two though, I prefer surveys because I can do them at home and on my own time schedule. :) And in my PJ's if I want!! Ha!

8 comments:

Kimberley said...

I too believe that the surveys I participate are both worth my time and are safe. I do like to the little bit of extra cash too!

paisley penguin said...

I just started surveys and got my first $50 check from Vindale last month. I have encountered a few problems and need to be a bit more organized. Glad there is a way out there for a full time working person to make money from the comfort of her own home!

Sammy said...

Looks like I need to look at surveys myself!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi I am the one who asked about surveys yesterday! Thanks so much for answering my questions. I really appreciate it.

I have been reading "In debt because I like nice things" blog, which you have blog rolled, and now its gone. Do you know whats up?

Thanks again-- your blog is great!! I check almost everyday! Keep up the good work!-- From way down here in Texas!

The Frugalista Files said...

Do you have any company names?

Canadian Saver said...

I enjoy doing the surveys for cash too, just wish I could do more from Canada!

change is a good thing said...

The sites that I tend to have the most success with are listed to the right of this post. There are referral links that will take you directly to the sites. :)

low cost insurance said...

I've never heard of getting paid to do surveys. Maybe you can do a blog about the ones you participate in and recommend (unless you want to keep that information all to yourself ;-))