Friday, October 31, 2008

October wrap-up...

WOW! I can hardly believe October is over and we are heading in to the holiday season!!! Here are my October numbers...

Groceries: $111.90(I raised my grocery budget up to $120, so I am happy to report that I stayed under budget.)
Gas: $32.00 (yeah! $53 UNDER Budget!!)
Dining out: $18.00(doing better every month)
Entertainment: $8.00
Gifts: $13.07
Clothing: $15.66

I earned $91!!! from surveys! $30 from a rebate and $10.85 from half.com sales!I also added $555 to my savings account! Not as good as I had hoped, but not too bad either! Going on vacation at the start of the month kind of hurt the savings, but I had a great time and am glad I went.

I also managed to have 20 no spend days! Yeah! I'm looking forward to November and the challenges of staying within the budget during the holiday season.

7 comments:

Sammy said...

Well done! Your self-discipline is amazing!

nklsmom said...

I'm a new reader - very impressed with your October numbers. I wish I had that kind of will power :)
xoxo-nklsmom

indebt said...

I totally think you're amazing!

I failed at everything last month :(

I need to try some no spending days

You're blog is very inspiring

Frugal Dreamer said...

Wow!! Your October was great! Congrats ;)


(I just stumbled across your blog, thought i'd say hi!)

Anonymous said...

Good job! You said you were receiving money from doing surveys. So, they really pay you -- I have never found anything for surveys that pay that doesn't want you to purchase somehting before finallizing the survey -- Does the one you are doing? Tammy

change is a good thing said...

Tammy,

All of the survey companies listed to the right on my blog under, Earn Extra Money, have all paid me quite a bit of money, and I have never purchased anything from them. Some of them send me products to test and then fill out surveys about. It's fun and the extra money is very nice. :) The links will take you right to the sites if you are interested. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. I have went on and signed up. Wether it is a little or a lot, I just need to make some extra money to pay off some debt - but still be able to spend some time with my 2 kids. Thanks again, and keep up the GREAT work!!!! Tammy