Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October goals...

...some of these are easily measured, while others are not. Regardless, I think it's important to set goals and see if I can work towards achieving them.

* I will add at least $550 to my savings account, hopefully more. I'm really enjoying the compounding interest that I am receiving and it's quickly helping my savings grow. :)

* I will do less grocery shopping and eat what I have on hand. I have been buying more groceries over the last few months, now it looks like I have a surplus. Will see what I can do about cleaning out the pantry a little bit.

*Not overspend on vacation next week.

*Try to alter some of my clothes I already have before buying new. I have lost a lot of weight recently which is great, but hard on the wallet. I think I will also try some thrift store shopping to build the wardrobe back up.

*Find any leaks in the budget and plug them.

*I will not buy my lunch any days this month and will try to keep all dining out to under $40.

*I'm hoping to get started on some of my Christmas shopping. I don't have too many gifts to buy, but I would like to knock at least 3 of them off my list this month. Thankfully I already know what I am getting most everyone, it's just a matter of getting to the stores and buying.

*As usual, I would like to have at least 20 no spend days.

This list isn't looking too daunting, so I think I will do pretty well with it. I realized this morning that I have 70% of the money needed to pay the loan off to my parents and I'm hoping that if I really buckle down, I just might be able to pay the entire thing off to them this coming April instead of paying half in April 2009 and the other half in April 2010. What a sense of freedom it would be to have this paid off and no longer on my list! So, any extra monies I can cut out of my budget will go straight toward my savings to pay this off ASAP!! :)

5 comments:

Fabulously Broke said...

I like your goals. As for making your lunch, do a big batch Sunday night and parcel it out 5 times. Et voila

change is a good thing said...

Great idea for lunch! Thanks! I love it when I bring my lunch, then I can spend the time relaxing instead of rushing out to get something to eat. :)

chicaliconin said...

20 no spend days would be impressive. I usually can achieve about 12-15, but 20 is amazing. Some how only seeing my girlfriend on the weekends relates to spending money every Saturday and Sunday andsometimes Friday's too. Good luck with your goal.

SavingDiva said...

Good luck with your goals!

indebt said...

I hope it's going well! Can't wait to see the update! :)

I have a few flops this month :(