Monday, October 27, 2008

Just a quick check in and updates

It has been a very busy past week, but a lot of fun. Over the weekend we celebrated my Grandma's 91st birthday and had a really wonderful time with a lot of extended family there to help her celebrate. What fun it was to see so many of the family and to see Grandma bring in another year still being in good health and sharp as a tack, it was quite a site to see. I can only hope to be as happy and healthy if I am fortunate enough to live like her. She traveled from California up to Washington for her birthday and is staying for a week, so there have been many get togethers other than the big party over the weekend, and it has been so great!

Over the weekend I also had a football game and tailgate to attend. The tailgate was a lot of fun and the weather was beautiful, making it even better! I love tailgating because it is a great social event and a lot of fun, plus there is a ton of food and each person typically is only bringing one thing to share, so it's pretty economical! And being that I am not much of a drinker, it's really pretty cheap for me. :)

Friday night was a quiet night at home catching up on chores; laundry and cleaning. Sometimes nights like that are necessary and I sort of welcome them. Seems like we get so busy and are constantly going, going, going that when we get a chance to slow down, it feels really good. With the holidays approaching I know life will get very busy, so I will take any quiet times that I can. :)

Today I took a couple of surveys online today, earned another $22, so any money I can make between now and Christmas will really help out. I have started on my Christmas shopping and am pleased that I will not have many gifts to buy this year as most of my friends and I no longer exchange gifts. Yeah! I have it all figured out as to what I am buying for the few gifts I need and I should be able to get through the holidays with my budget fully intact! Which really, really makes me happy!

Well, this week should be very, very inexpensive for me. I won't have to buy gas this week or groceries, thanks to all the leftovers from the birthday celebration, and I don't have any other expenses coming up that I am aware of. Hoping there are no surprises that pop up!

Hope everyone has a fantastic week and a very happy Halloween! :)

3 comments:

Sammy said...

Happy halloween to you as well!

Abigail said...

I am so glad that I found your blog. I have been in debt for awhile - and paying it off, over my minimums. But I just bought a condo and furnishing it is getting me caught up again and basically making me panic. Plus I love to travel and can't at the moment. I have to realize that it's going to take me a few years to get it all done if I also want to be able to eat more than ramen! Thanks for the details!

Pennygather said...

Where the heck do you do surveys?? I never get offered that much money! :) LOL