Friday, September 19, 2008

Garage Sale: Day 1

So, while I was at work today, my step dad decided to go ahead and start the garage sale. He sold almost all of my stuff today and has $120 for me. I told my parents I would be up tomorrow to help them with the sale, so tonight I spent about an hour going through more stuff and collected another good selection of things to sell. It's funny how you think you have already looked everywhere and when go through a second time, you find so much more. Maybe I'll take a quick walk through tomorrow morning and see if there is anything else I would like to part with. I love the idea of garage sales because for one, I can clean out a lot of stuff that I no longer and using, but someone else might really enjoy. Secondly, it's nice to make some extra cash off of things I have lying around and third, I think it's good for the environment when you can buy secondhand. A win, win, win! Not sure what I will do with my earnings. Maybe I will hold onto it and use it as spending money when I go to Arizona in 3 weeks. I'm sure my friend and I will be doing some shopping while I am visiting and this extra money will be great to have. I'm also using my survey money that comes in before I leave to add to my spending money. So far that is at $105 since I started saving it just for this vacation. And, I just ordered another $25 in payments from the various sites I survey on.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll let you know how day 2 of the garage sale is.

5 comments:

Daizy said...

I wish I had someone else's garage sale to bring my stuff to. You are lucky indeed.

How funny that you live in Washington and you visit friends in Arizona. I am just the opposite I live in Arizona and visit my family in Washington. Well the temperature here is finally getting cooler so you should have nice weather for your trip at least.

LeighAnn said...

I love garage sales, but doing them is such hard work!

Pennygather said...

I am in Arizona! Welcome to my state (when you come!)

I love garage sales...the concept, anyway. I don't like holding them in my neighborhood because the folks in this area are notoriously cheap and despite LOADS of stuff I never make more than $50. It's not worth the time and effort!

SavingDiva said...

My parents used to have garage sales in our neighborhood...now, I live in an apartment...so it's craigslist for me!

indebt said...

Nice work with the yard sale! I think yard sales a re a lot of fun because I like talking to people...guess I like the socializing, lol. Hope you had a great weekend!