Wednesday, September 3, 2008

August Wrap up...

I was able to reach my goal of 20 no spend days, actually I had 22!! for the month which pleased me very much!!This month I was good!

Groceries: $108.85 ($28.85 over budget, I have changed the budget to $100 next month)
Gas: $80.00 (yeah! Right on the money!!)
Dining out: $45.34 (even better than last month)
Entertainment: $14.00
Gifts: $38.68
Clothing: $19.60

I earned $286!!! from surveys!

I also added $860.94 to my savings account! I'm hoping to keep up this habit of adding at least $800/month to my savings, that will really help me get this loan to my parents paid off in no time. :) That will make me a very, very happy girl!

Still no review at work. I have no idea when this will be happening. We have had an almost unbelievable, tragic event happen that we are all still reeling from. I think we are all still shell-shocked and I have no idea when we will be able to begin to function normally again. I wish I could tell you about it, but it has to be kept very hush, hush. We had a long company-wide meeting to discuss this event and we all kept saying how shocked we are and need some more info in order to process it and move on. We all, also need to talk about it, but we can really only discuss it with each other. It's very frustrating and tiring to be dealing with something like this. :(

5 comments:

Laura said...

What surveys are you doing that you were able to earn that much?

change is a good thing said...

The 3 links you see to the right on my blog will take you to the sites. I log into them daily regardless of whether or not I have an invitation. This activity seems to have increased the invites I have received. :)

Escape Brooklyn said...

$286!!! Please tell me that's a typo!

I hope things at work settle down soon.

change is a good thing said...

I know! Isn't that crazy? I really did earn $286!! Doing a happy dance this month!

indebt said...

You amaze me! Great savings! And I wish I could spend about $100 a month on groceries...ugh! I think I spent $150 just yesterday. Darn back to school lunches, lol.

Hope things get better at work