Sunday, September 28, 2008

All good things must come to an end...

OK, I really don't believe that ALL good things must come to an end, but yesterday one of my good things ended. I will be forever thankful that it lasted 18 month though. What am I talking about you ask? After moving in to my condo 18 months ago, as of October 1, I will have to start paying my condo association fees. Darn it! At just under $200 a month, not having to pay these dues has saved me almost $3600!! I'm quite pleased with that and had gotten use to paying them anyway, but I was paying them to my savings account instead of the association. I'm happy that I had put this line item into my budget from the start, otherwise I think it could be a really reality check to suddenly have to "find" another $200/month to pay this bill. This just means that I will watch my savings account grow at a little bit slower rate now, OR, I will have to figure out a way to earn another $200/month to not see a change. I could probably be a little more aggressive in finding some of the mystery shopping assignments and maybe I should try to fill out EVERY survey I receive an invite too. Sometimes I get so many that I just delete them if I don't feel like trying to qualify. I guess now I could try a little harder with these. I'm a pretty determined person when I want to be, so I'm sure I will figure out a quick way to continue having this $200 to add to my savings account. At least I'm always up for a good challenge!! :)

3 comments:

indebt said...

Good luck with coming up with the extra $200...it's always kind of fun to take on challenges like this :)

Sharon said...

Ouch. That's a hefty fee. What does it include? You were very smart to already have it in the budget though. I'm still looking for a way to make up for $400.00 in my budget...

Fiona said...

Hi,

I would like to propose an advertising opportunity through link exchange

I have a few websites, with similar themes.

I am looking out for high quality sites related to Wedding & Events, Finance and Accounting for link exchange.
Your Website will be a valuable addition to our visitors.

Do let me know if you are interested in exchanging links with our site.


If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Fiona Monroe