Thursday, August 14, 2008

When politely complaining pays off...

Last week while I was on vacation I was contemplating getting rid of my cable tv service. Then I received a promotional piece of mail that had some really good pricing, so instead of cutting my cable, I upgraded! I know, seems a little silly when I was trying to save money. But I realized that I would really miss having cable tv and am not ready to make the cut yet. So, with the promotions they have going on right now, it would only cost me about $3 more per month and I will have about 50 more channels. So, sign me up!!! After calling to get this set up and waiting on hold for 45 minutes, only to be hung up on, I was a little upset. I finally get through to a customer service rep who tells me that instead of being $3 more per month it will be $6. Ok, still not too bad, but I was irritated that they were sending out incorrect info. So, I signed up for it anyway and sent a polite e-mail to the president of Comcast letting him know they are sending outdated pricing. I was nicely surprised with a $100 credit to my account, an additional $10/month reduced price and 1 free On Demand pay per view movie a month for the next 12 months!! Right on! I love it when I am pleasantly surprised like this.

5 comments:

indebt said...

Nice! I miss so cable!

Twiggers said...

WOW...that is awesome! I'll have to remember that! Comcast manages to frustrate me at least once every couple of months!

LP said...

Wow, now that is some good customer service!

Grace. said...

Everyone tells me how they talked Comcast into or out of something. But I've twice reduced my service, and they made no attempt to persuade me not to do it. Maybe I could've been bought, but they didn't even try.

#1HB4BD said...

Holy bonus! I had an issue with my horrible Time Warner cable provider and they kindly gave me 6 free months of HBO, but then of course my roommate got hooked and we ended up subscribing to it, I guess that's ultimately what they wanted, ha. It's nice that there are a few industries still willing to go out of their way to provide exceptional service- the airlines are driving me NUTS right now for not being willing to make ANY exceptions to their rigid rules in the face of poor service.