Saturday, August 23, 2008

Today was definitely a SPEND day

I had several errands to run and just about every one of them were going to cost me money. It started with a trip to the grocery store for a few things. $29.63 spent there, savings of $17.87 according to the tally on the bottom of my receipt. Next stop, Starbucks, thankfully I had a gift card, so I was able to treat myself to a skinny vanilla latte without spending any money. :) Next, off to Target for a few things and to meet up with my niece and nephew to purchase their new lunchboxes for school. It has become a tradition that I buy them a lunchbox every year, and I was proud of them for each picking fairly well made ones this year instead of the cheaply made ones they normally like. I also had to pick up several other things for myself, Target total, $41.33. Next off to the gas station, $34. At least that was less this time than it normally has been. Off to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription, only $10, thank goodness for insurance!! When I got home and grabbed my mail, I was excited to see my Office Depot Worklife Rewards gift card in there and decided to head out and use it. I got my brother a Lowe's gift card for his birthday. Since he is doing a lot fix it type things around the house, I thought this would be a good gift idea. And since I was able to use the Office Depot gift card to buy it, it didn't cost me anything. :) I also picked up some colored pencils and other art supplies to put in stockings for Christmas. I'm going to a BBQ this evening and I have made a pasta salad for that; should be fun. So even though it was a spending day, I felt it could have been a lot worse on the wallet than it was. And I was able to get several errands done that I had been putting off, so all in all, it was a great day! Hope you all had a good one too!

3 comments:

SavingDiva said...

You really make the most of your gift certificates! :)

Anonymous said...

how do you get so many gift certificates?

change is a good thing said...

Anon,

I do get a lot of gift certificates. I earn them from surveys I take online and we are given gift certificates at work a lot for a job well done. I also seem to get a lot from friends and family for my birthday and Christmas. I tend to hold onto them for a long time and use them sparingly. ;)