Sunday, August 17, 2008

A No Spend weekend...

I have just spent an entire weekend busy doing all kinds of things I love, and I haven't spent a thing! Not one red cent! Friday afternoon I went to my Gramma's house and helped her with her new laptop. She is getting ready to go on an 8 week trip and is looking forward to keeping in touch with our large family via e-mail while she is gone. It was fun (?) and frustrating (!) trying to teach a 78 year old about her new computer and how laptops work differently than her usual desktop computer, but it also made me realize that we are never too old to learn something new. I hope I am as open to learning new things when I am her age. Then I went out with friends from work, we went bowling and I had a gift certificate for the bowling alley that I had won some time ago at an auction.

Saturday dawned a beautiful, sunny day and I jumped out of bed and headed out for a run, going to the beach then back up the 2 miles, mostly uphill to home. My sister in law called to say she was heading to the farmer's market and did I want to come along? Sure!! Sounds good to me! She and the kids picked me up and we wandered around the market and looked at all the beautiful produce and flowers. We went to Starbucks and I used a free coupon I had received for one of their new Vivanno drinks! All I can say is, YUM!!! If you haven't tried these yet, you really must, they are DELICIOUS!!! And full of all kinds of good for you stuff! When I came home I weeded my flower pots and cleaned up the dead flowers, basically spending the next couple of hours playing with my flowers. :) The rest of the day I spent reading a great book on my deck and finished the evening off with a movie I had checked out at the library.
This morning turned out to be another gorgeous day and I happily went out for another run, again to the beach and back. I love beautiful, sunny mornings! When I got home, I decided to sit on my deck again with a cup of tea and the Sunday paper. I have called my parents and chatted with them for awhile, I do this every Sunday morning, and now I am getting ready to bake an apple pie to take to a BBQ this afternoon with friends. What a wonderful way to spend a weekend. :) I hope you all have had as lovely weekend as I have.....

4 comments:

Escape Brooklyn said...

What a great weekend! Thanks for sharing. =)

Escape Brooklyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
michaelwong38@gmail.com said...

Hi, was wondering if you'd like to exchange links with me?
If yes, please leave your blog url as a comment at:
http://bigmoneylist.blogspot.com/
I'll link to you first, then when you have time link back k?
Thanks, Michael
BTW--I'm michaelwong38 on digg. If ever you want something dugg, just send me a shout anytime.

Kansas Simplicity said...

Wow...what a great weekend...Sounds perfect...Simplicity