Friday, August 1, 2008

August goals..

My big goal for this month will be to add $800 to my savings account. This seems so small compared to last month when I added over $3600, but $800 seems achievable; while still making it a bit of a challenge.

I'm also hoping to have 20 no spend days again. I am on vacation the first 10 days of the month, so this will really be a challenge, but I'm looking forward to trying to get there.

I have finally lost the weight I had been working to achieve, so this month will be all about maintaining it. This might be easier than I think, I am disgusted by the high prices of food when I go grocery shopping, so that right there might keep my weight down. I will be much more choosy when shopping and won't be spending money on junk food. I'll go to the open air market for fruits and veggies which are way more affordable there, so that will help.

And a less measurable goal will be for me to work on having a more positive outlook on life and being happier. I don't feel like I have been as happy as I usually am and would like to figure out why this is and what I need to do to get back to being happier.

Well folks, those are my goals for August! I'll keep you posted on my progress. :) I'm off to enjoy my day off and head to the pool!

3 comments:

The Executioner said...

Congrats on meeting your weight goal. It's surprising to me how many people discuss financial goals and fitness goals at the same time, but I guess the discipline and patience required is similar in both cases. Nice work!

Canadian Saver said...

Good luck with your August goals and have a great vacation!!

indebt said...

Yay vacation! Enjoy!