Monday, July 21, 2008

What a lovely weekend....

I had the most relaxing weekend, it was great! Friday night I went home, sat out on my deck with a glass of wine and a good book. I watched the sun set and felt very peaceful. Saturday morning I woke up quite early and just laid in bed for awhile listening to the birds chirp and looking at the beautiful sunny day ahead. When I finally got up, I made a nice cup of tea and read the morning paper. My neighbor was out of town, so I read his paper, he doesn't mind. Then I slowly started on chores I needed to do, laundry, vacuuming, dusting, etc. But I was sidetracked when I went out to sweep my deck and ended up playing with my flowers and cleaning them up for about 2 hours. :) Saturday evening I was suppose to go to a party, but I didn't feel like it, I was completely enjoying my quiet, solitary weekend and wasn't feeling too social, so I called the host and made my regrets, then sat down again with my book and read for several hours. Sunday dawned another sunny, beautiful day and I was feeling so content. I spent the day in much the same way I spent my Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then late yesterday afternoon a friend called to see if I wanted to go see Mamma Mia, so I decided it was time to get out of the house and be somewhat social. I am so glad I said yes, we had the best time!! I don't think I have laughed so hard in such a long time. It was a great show and we had a blast! What a great weekend!!! And I only spent $10 for all that fun!

5 comments:

Grace. said...

Sigh. I gotta get me one a those week-ends! (Can I send two daughters, four grandkids and a visitor to YOUR house?)

Escape Brooklyn said...

Sounds like a perfect, restful weekend! Glad you found a good balance.

JanePlain said...

sounds like a lovely weekend!! i love such relaxing weekends :) and spending only $10 for 2 days of perfection makes it even better:)

Canadian Saver said...

What an awesome weekend!! I should have myself one of those soon too :-)

indebt said...

I have so much to learn form you!

What a great weekend for you. I feel more relaxed after just reading about it.