Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Upcoming stay-cation

I am taking this Friday off and all of next week, so I have been trying to figure out what do with my time off. For starters, I will finally take advantage of the pool at my condo. I have yet to go in, so I am looking forward to this. There will also be a big festival in town the last 3 days I am off and I know I will probably go to that each day. It's a fun place to run into people I haven't seen in years. ;) I'm going to a BBQ for friend's birthday and I will be taking a day trip to see another friend I haven't seen in a really long time. Of course, I'm sure I will spend some time out on the lake water skiing. I'm also going to spend some time cleaning out my storage closet and finding things for my parents garage sale that will be held in a couple of weeks. So, now that I have figured all of that out, I don't think I will have much free time to worry about how to fill my days! I'm hoping to also have a couple of lunches and dinners with various friends that I have a hard time finding time to catch up with. I'm really looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing during my 10 days off.

Has anyone else done a stay-cation this summer? Did you think you spent more or less money than when you travel on a regular vacation? I'm hoping to keep the expenses down, but I also don't want to skimp on experiences, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm going on a trip in September or October to visit a friend in Arizona, so I will travel for that one. But I have 4 weeks of paid vacation each year now, so I think I will probably end up doing a lot of time off at home. Which is just fine with me....any day off from work that I am being paid for is a good day in my book!!!

1 comment:

Escape Brooklyn said...

Wow, your condo has a pool? You're going to have such a great week!

I had a staycation last May and made sure I did something different every day. Because I wasn't working my day job, I was able to take full advantage of museum free days and other off-peak perks. I definitely spent less than if I went away but still felt like I maximized the time off by doing new things.