Wednesday, July 16, 2008

So far this has saved me $3000 and counting....

When I moved into my condo last year, I was the very first person to move in to the complex and they are still doing construction. While construction is going on and until every unit is sold, owners do not have to pay condo association dues. I love this! Right now the last building is set to open up for selling sometime in September and I don't imagine they will sell out before the end of the year. In the meantime I have been continuing to keep the amount in my budget and have been making the payments to myself in the form of savings deposits. What an easy way to add $2400/year to my savings!! This will really help me get the money together to pay the loan to my parents. I'm doing really well on that front and am actually looking forward to writing them a check for $10,000 next April. If all goes really well, I can pay the final $10,000 off to them in October 2009. But I will keep you posted on that. So for now, I hope the units continue this slow selling process and that it is sometime next year before I have to start paying my monthly dues. :)

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

Wow! That's crazy! I would keep my fingers crossed that the last units don't sell quickly :)

The Executioner said...

Brilliant. Excellent saving idea. I'm glad the slow housing market is benefiting you. Way to resist the temptation to blow the extra cash on consumption, which would no doubt lead to you feeling constrained when the condo fees finally come due.