Thursday, July 31, 2008

July wrap up....

July seems to have been the fastest month yet this year! I can hardly believe we only have 5 months left of 2008!! July was a great month for me, and I hope it was for you as well.

I was able to keep to 20 no spend days for the month which pleased me very much!!

This month I was good!
  • Groceries: $84.34 ($4.34 over budget, but I am usually so far under this doesn't bother me)
  • Gas: $79.00 (yeah! $1 under budget!!)
  • Dining out: $54.42 (much better than last month)
  • Entertainment: $10.00
  • Gifts: $19.38
  • Clothing: $19.60

I earned $50.92 from surveys and freebies I received were Nivea face cream, Aveeno night cream and a year membership to Blockbuster Rewards. (my payment for the $125 focus group won't hit until next month).

I also added $3653 to my savings account. Next month I will add $700 from my paychecks and $85.44 from eBates. I am going to be on vacation Aug. 1-10, but the things I have planned should keep my spending in check, so I am anticipating another good savings month. Not as good as last month because I am not expecting big payments, but with my frugal ways, I'm sure I will be able to add another healthy chunk to boost my savings.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic summer, getting out and enjoying some time outdoors! I will check in periodically while I'm on vacation, but may not post much, depends on what I end up doing. Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

You had an awesome month! Great job on the no spend days...I hope to be there soon!

Bailey said...

Great job on the 20 no spend days. I like that idea.

Also congrats on all the freebies and money from surveys. I might need to start looking into that.

Enjoy the vacation.

Canadian Saver said...

You did awesome! I can't believe you spend that little on things like gas & groceries... VERY IMPRESSIVE :-)

indebt said...

WOW, 20 days no spending! Congrat's!