Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July is off to a great start...

so far this month I have added the $2950 to my savings and I am only $650 away from my goal of adding $3600. And I still have yet to be "stimulated" by our government! I'm hoping that this will mean that I am going to surpass this goal and add even more to it. ;)

Other categories in my budget are looking to stay pretty low this month. I love summer, it seems the time of year where I spend the least amount of money! Yeah! I have really been enjoying our nice weather lately, sitting out on my deck reading or going for walks. It's been great! And with it staying light later and later, I am not having to turn on the lights in my condo, so definitely saving money there. Also, I have been using my BBQ to cook with, oh, I love the smell of BBQ! :)

I had a nice quiet weekend at home, not spending much money at all. I went grocery shopping and spent $32.80, other than that, I spent no money all weekend! I watch the free fireworks show at the church next door to my condo! Went to the library twice and read a ton, just enjoying being outside.

I hope everyone else is having a great summer too!

4 comments:

Fabulously Broke said...

You're doing great so far!!!!

Crystal said...

Don't you love the lazy, crazy, hazy days of summer? Great time to catch up on reading. :) p.s. i wish i had as much willpower as you to not spend!

Bailey said...

We could so hang, because I love turning off the lights and opening the windows, and I LOVE the smell of BBQ also.

We did fireworks with the family. For about $20 each, we put on a very entertaining show.

indebt said...

Your so great at not spending -- I have so much to learn form you.