Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July goal reached, yeah!!!

Finally, yesterday I received my economic stimulus check, so what did I do with it? I took it right to the bank and deposited into my savings and stimulated my account! :) With that deposit and some other small checks I had, I added another $700 to my savings. This brings my July savings to $3650! Yeah! And I was hoping to at least add $3600, so I am really happy to have surpassed that. And we are only at the halfway point of the month, so I'll see what else I might be able to add before the 31st.

So, did you receive a stimulus check? And if so, what did you do with it?

6 comments:

Twiggers said...

I finally received my stimulus check yesterday too! It's getting deposited into the bank today and being used to pay down a credit card!

budgets are sexy said...

GREAT! And damn you're good. Putting it away asap is the best way to not spend it ;)

I through mine into my Emergency Fund, then had to take it out cuz i forgot about something (like an idiot), and then put it back in after my paycheck cleared.

so good job!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I recieved ours and I put part of it in our e fund and then I put a small part in our checking for a little more padding to the account!

P.S. Love your blog!!!

The Executioner said...

We received ours two weeks ago. We'll use it to pay down our outstanding mortgage balance (surprise).

SavingDiva said...

I had a direct deposit a few months ago...it went right into my emergency fund!

Kara said...

I received my check about a month ago and put it directly towards a loan from my in-laws. We were able to pay off the loan with the stimulus check as well as money we had saved!! :)