Wednesday, July 9, 2008

D'oh! I was fooled.....

Last night I came home from work, grabbed my mail and headed into my condo. I saw an envelope from the US Treasury and on the back in big red letting it says, Stimulus payment! Oh yeah I think, I'm finally going to be stimulated!! But no, I was fooled! It was a confirmation letter stating that yes I will be receiving my Economic Stimulus check in the amount of $600 and if I don't receive it in 6-8 weeks of this letter I should contact them at blah, blah, blah! OK, I know they sent this out before and my check is in the very last batch to go out, which is suppose to mail this Friday, so it should be here sometime next week, but do they really have to send 2 notifications of this? That seems like a very unnecessary expense they have gone to for this thing! Sheesh! I can only imagine how many more ways they find to waste money....

So darn it, no stimulus check yet, but I'm hoping it comes early next week! I'll keep you posted. Oh, and when I receive it, I won't be going out shopping, instead it will be going right to my savings account! Yeah!

4 comments:

Twiggers said...

LOL I totally feel your pain. We are the last batch going out on Friday too. Maybe my notification letter will be here. I'm hoping for $1200 (according to the calculator)....so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Live Out Loud said...

I did Direct Deposit because I didn't want to wait - I got it in my account that first Friday they sent it in May! I Direct Deposited it straight into my savings account and haven't touched it since.

I do think it's ironice I'll have to pay taxes on the interest I'm making - which is less than inflation, but that's a whole other story.

Hope you get yours soon - my Mom also kept getting those "tricky-teaser" things - I agree - what a waste of money.

Bailey said...

I had the same thing happen to me. I got that letter with the red letters and thought, finally it is here! But it was just a notice, like yours.

But the good news, is that my check was there within a week.

Escape Brooklyn said...

What a waste of postage! Stupid government...