Monday, June 2, 2008

May wrap up....

May is done, boy that went!! May wasn't nearly as good a small spending month as April had been! Darn it! I must get back to my frugal ways....

Groceries: $56.18
Gas: $74.01
Dining out: $117.36 (OUCH!) I even bought my lunch 4 days this month, up until now I had brought my lunch every day this year.
Entertainment: Nothing!!
Gifts: $89.82
Clothing: Nada!!

And to top it all off, I had 15 No Spend Days!!

I also earned $49.80from surveys. I also received my eBates check of $123.46 and my Office Depot Worklife Rewards of $142.57 which I turned in for gift cards, one of which is a $100 Visa Gift Card which will really help out with the grocery budget next month. Hoping to use that to build back up my pantry again. I have been cleaning it out for awhile and now it has that Mother Hubbard effect. In May I also received a free brick of cheese from the grocery store and 2 cans of tomato soup that were a trial. Oh, and 2 rolls of paper towels which should last a really, really long time since I mostly use cloth napkins and towels for everything.

For June I would like to get back to my more frugal ways again, I felt like some of my spending was really out of control in May and that to me is a really unsettling feeling. My money will be coming in, in June for the mineral farm land lease so that will be nice to add to my savings; and I am forcing myself through auto draft to save another $1000 from my payroll to savings. That should really give the savings a boost, and if it's not in my checking account, I can't spend it! :) So, here's to a much more frugal June than May was!!!

4 comments:

L@SpillingBuckets said...

Buying food really adds up, doesn't it?

$56.18 on groceries, nice... there's no way I could every spend that little.

P.S. I added you to my blog roll (love your site) ;)

Fabulously Broke said...

CONGRATS!!!

and wow, $56.18? Not even I spend that.... and I'm usually the one getting flamed on my blog for spending $100 or so LOL

Escape Brooklyn said...

Wow, I'm always impressed with how little you're able to spend! And all that extra cash from surveys and other promotions -- NICE!!

Kimberley said...

I am so glad that I wasn't the only one who overspent in May! I am with you on saving in June thought.