Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Just when I was doing so well...

I had been doing so well so far for June, not spending too much money on food or eating out. Ugh! Then came the weekend and I blew it! This just reinforces why I need to go to the grocery store! I worked in grocery stores for 14 years, so that must be why I dislike shopping so much, but I have to get over it! Friday night, I didn't feel like going to the store, so I ordered a pizza and salad; $18. Saturday, still didn't feel like shopping, so I went to McDonalds, >$7. Sunday I had to go to the store for my share of Father's day dinner, so what do I do? I only buy what I need to make my share of dinner. Why didn't I do more shopping while I was there? Because I was irritated that it was so busy and all I wanted to do was get what I really needed and get out of there. So, I had yesterday off from work, would have been great to go shopping in the middle of the day when it's not busy, but no, I called my aunt to see if I could take her to lunch for her birthday which was last month, $35. Who do I think I am? The Queen of Sheba? Yikes!! I really, really need to get my spoiled butt to the grocery store and pronto!

4 comments:

Caren said...

Hi,
My name is Caren. I have a credit card website that offers a lot of credit cards for various purposes. I would like to have my website reviewed in one of your posts or just place a link into some ready post at http://changecanbeagoodthing.blogspot.com Please let me know if you are interested and how much you charge via email carenwilliams@gmail.com
Thank you for your time,
Regards,
Caren.

budgets are sexy said...

Queen of Sheba?! hahah... i haven't heard that name in a loooooong time - i actually don't know what that means...

but the point came across pretty well ;)

indebt said...

I do the same thing. In fact I am so horrible for grocery shopping that I didn't even have enough garbage to put out this week. That's a bad sign.
I eat out every morning and just this week I'm keeping track of every penny I spend. I'm sure it will be scary at the end of the month.

LOVE your blog!

JanePlain said...

hahaaha crowded grocery stores suck! :) BUT I have to admit I love grocery shopping in general (minus the register lines). However, have you looked into online grocery shopping? Or considered farmer's markets on Saturdays?