Monday, June 30, 2008

June wrap up....

Well, I started out really well, then faltered a bit, but reigned it back in for a fairly good finish. I'm pleased.

I was able to keep to 16 no spend days for the month which I really didn't think I would accomplish since I had only 5 by the middle of the month. Very pleased with that. In the past once I feel I have failed, I decide oh well, I've blown it, I may as well give up this month, I'll try to get back on track next month. This month I was good!

Groceries: $37.01 (that really is my month total, my parents gave me tons of their food when they unpacked and moved into their new house, so I have non-perishables coming out my ears!) :)
Gas: $80.00
Dining out: $87.97(OUCH!)
Entertainment: $26.00
Gifts: $88.21
Clothing: Nada!!

I earned $75 from surveys and surprisingly this month I wasn't sent any freebies. Darn it!

I also put $1312.33 into my savings account. Next month will be great because I will be able to add my stimulus check, my land lease money and $700 from my paychecks. I'm making a goal of saving $3600 next month. Let's hope I can do it.

I hope everyone has had a great June and is looking forward to a safe and happy 4th of July!!

4 comments:

indebt said...

Nice savings! I can't wait to get to the point where I can afford to save money.

You only spent $37.01 on groceries for the month?!! How?! Or is that for the week.

Nice goal for next month with the savings.

Twiggers said...

What sites are you using to earn $75 for surveys? I'm lucky to pull in $20-$30 for surveys!

Escape Brooklyn said...

I agree with Twiggers - I earn much less for surveys and often don't get paid at all!

But great progress, once again, this month. Congrats!

budgets are sexy said...

Hot damn Congrats on that $75! I wish i wasn't so freakin' lazy ;)