Friday, June 20, 2008

Frugal weekend ahead....

Yeah! I am hoping to have a very frugal weekend. I have plans tonight, a BBQ with family and friends. I made a big pasta salad for that. Tomorrow I am going to a skincare party, I'm not planning on ordering anything, but a gal I work with asked if I would place an order for her. So, I get to go to the party and not have to feel weird about not ordering. :) Sunday should be a pretty mellow day at home, doing chores and relaxing. I'll probably have to fill up the gas tank this weekend which never fails to amaze me how much it can cost to fill up a Honda Civic, but thankfully it usually lasts me at least 2 weeks. So, other than gas, I don't think I will be spending any money this weekend.

Do you have any plans this weekend? Do you think you will spend a little or a lot?

3 comments:

pennypincher said...

One of my goals for June was to have one no-spend weekend. This upcoming weekend was supposed to be just that, a no-spend weekend. But, things aren't looking so great. I know for sure that I must get my oil changed, and I am going to a friend's new house to eat dinner on Saturday. I am not sure what I will bring, maybe a bottle of wine.

indebt said...

I have to work all weekend. So, tomorrow I'll fill my car with gas which will be about $60, I'll pack a cooler of water for the day for my assistant and I...still have to buy the water and maybe some snacks (Walmart) Sunday I have a long drive (get paid for travel) and will probably get some food on the way back home but will write it off as a biz expense. I would pack a lunch but it might sit for 6hrs before I get to it.

Your weekend sounds like a lot more fun :)

Bailey said...

Penny - I like the idea of a no spend weekend.

Marti and I were planning on going over to KC for a Royals game. We decided against it, not because of money, we just didn't feel like leaving and making the drive. So a cheap alternative is going to a local Minor League baseball game!