Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thoughts on regifting......

Ok, so I want to know what you all think about this. I received an external hard drive that I have no use for, I already have one, but the problem is, I don't have any documentation to return it. I do however have a graduation gift that I need in a couple of weeks for a very good friend who I know would like it. He would have no idea where I got this from or that I am regifting it. Is it ok for me to give it to him? Let me know if this is tacky or ok, thanks! :)

12 comments:

legofeminist said...

give it as a gift. if he will like it then why does it matter where it came from?

Fabulously Broke said...

I agree..

Besides, I'd LOVE an external HD as a grad gift. how practical!

Plus, it's nice.

Regift, but just wrap it nicely or something...

Canadian Saver said...

I agree that I'd regift it too... especially something so practical that he will definitely use!

Twiggers said...

I would not hesitate to regift it. Take the money you would have spent on the gift and put it in savings though :-)

Sharon said...

Regift it for sure! Especially if you know he will like it!

Ms. MiniDucky said...

That'd be an awesome gift! It's something he can use, and as FB says, I'm sure he'd love it as a practical gift that would have cost a pretty penny. I loved my external and wouldn't have cared if it'd been a regifting.

SavingDiva said...

I would regift it! If you feel guilty about giving it to your friend, you could alway give it to me ;)

asgreen said...

Regift!

Kimberley said...

I think as long as you didn't use it, its okay to give it as a gift. External HD are expensive enough and he will be very grateful to have an item as portable as that!

Escape Brooklyn said...

I agree wtih everyone else: regift!

lpkitten said...

do it! just make sure whoever gave it to you doesn't wonder where it went to. ;)

budgets are sexy said...

Oh hell yeah, re-gift that biatch! And give it to a guy, we LOVE that stuff!!!!!

(have i ever told you my birthday is coming up? haha)