Monday, April 7, 2008

What a nice surprise for a Monday morning...

This morning I get to work early and log on to my e-mail. There is a message from my brother with "inheritance" in the subject line. Hmmm, I think, I wonder what that's about. I quickly look at the calendar to make sure it's not April Fool's day, he is famous for pulling pranks on me. In the e-mail he tells me that our dad's aunt's estate, she passed away at least 15 years ago and at the time had left us some mineral farm land in North Dakota and some money, is contacting us again. This time someone wants to "lease" our mineral farmland for $675 each. My brother didn't give me many details of it or didn't have the letter at work with him, but he was writing to let me know that they were trying to locate me and several of our cousins, there are 52 of us on this side of our family!!! He's going to call me tonight with the details and who I need to contact so that I can find out more about it as well. Should be interesting and would certainly be nice to gain some extra money. I'll let you know what I find out.

On another topic, today is my 6th no spend day this month! I'm hoping to have 20 no spend days for the entire month, so I think I am off to a stellar start! :) I know I have to stop at the gas station tomorrow morning and probably at the grocery store for a couple of things on the way home, probably won't have to buy much the rest of the week.

Oh, and I did treat myself this morning with a latte using a gift card on my way to work. ;)

3 comments:

lpkitten said...

wow, 52 cousins! that's quite a big family you got. but ya, that would be great if you received a little additional income each month! awesome :)

Kimberley said...

I think its great that you treated yourself, and even better that you used a gift card!

Escape Brooklyn said...

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that your "inheritance" turns into a big wad of cash. That would be awesome!