Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oooh money has been tight this month...

but it is my own doing, so I really can't complain too much! I have set some lofty savings goals for myself and I am doing my best to stick to them. I made my first loan payment back to my parents and it felt really good! I'm hoping to be able to make another one to them in 6 months instead of waiting until next year.

I also have been aggressively contributing to my Roth IRA and adding money back into my savings that I took out to make that first loan payment. Next month it's looking a little tight too, but I think I can do it! I have looked at the money coming in and going out and I feel pretty good about the savings I can accumulate if I just stick to it! June is looking to be much better as that extra paycheck month will hit at the end of May, making things a little looser in the wallet. Of course, knowing me, I will just think that means I can put more in savings. I really should try to do something nice for myself during this time.

As for April, I have done really, really well so far! I am on day 18 of no spending this month and I should hit at least 23 if not 24 before month end. Groceries, I have only spent $45 on and gas is still at $31. Not much action in my wallet this month for sure. It's strange to see so little activity, but I'm liking it! :)

I hope everyone else is having a great April too!

3 comments:

SavingDiva said...

Wow! 23 no-spend days! I'm impressed! I might have like 5...

Twiggers said...

WOW...great job on the no-spending days!!!!

lpkitten said...

congrats, keep up the good work. $31 on gas, that's amazing! you drive a hybrid or something. :)