Friday, April 4, 2008

Omaha Steak review

OK, so I got home from work yesterday and there was the lovely, HUGE Styrofoam cooler on my doorstep, it looked lovely, I must say! So, I quickly lug it inside, and I must say it is HEAVY!! I open it up and am blasted with coldness. A good sign since there is meat packed in there. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning sorting through all that is in there. Oh how fun! I sort it all out and organize everything, double check my packing slip against the inventory and am pleasantly surprised, there is an extra bottle of steak seasoning. :) I rearrange everything in my freezer and just barely get all my new stuff in there. It's so full now it's pretty dark in there because the light is now being covered up by all the meat! Hmm, what to have for dinner tonight? I decide to try the burgers out because I have buns in the freezer too. I pull out 2 patties, have to cook one for my lunch for tomorrow too, and 2 buns to thaw out. I go outside, oh by the way, it's the warmest day we have had this year and the sun is shining, and fire up my new BBQ that my parents gave me for my birthday! I can hardly wait to try these burgers, they are really big and look really great! I swear it took the absolute longest time EVER for that meat to cook, I think that's just because I was so excited though! ;) Finally they are done and I am happy to report, there was minimal shrinking, a sure sign of good hamburger is minimal shrinking, less fat! I get it on the bun, add all my condiments, grab a beer and sit down to eat. OMG, this burger was DELISH!!! Yeah! I'm so pleased! And lucky me, all I can think is, I am having one for lunch tomorrow too! Oh, it was heavenly and I'm quite pleased that there are 18 more of these burgers in my freezer along with a wide variety of steaks. Yum Yum! Can't wait to try more of these great treats this weekend. Yeah, I am happy that this venture turned out so well and am already dreaming of what I will want to order next time. I just hope I get another gift certificate again and can find a great online savings code to really stretch my dollars. :)

8 comments:

Kimberley said...

I have often wondered how the Omaha Steaks were, since you used the word DELISH to describe them, I am convinced they are great! Thanks for the tip and enjoy the rest of the "steaks"!

Lilo said...

Wow! Such vivid description of the hamburger cooking/eating process. That hamburger really sounded great!!

pennypincher said...

Sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

I recently ordered a package from Omaha Steaks and was greatly disappointed at how over priced their product's are!!! For the $66 plus dollars that I spent I could have gotten equal quality and a larger quantity from my local gourmet supermarket. I read reviews like this one before ordering and felt really positive about it so this whole experience has been very disappointing!!! The only good thing that has come from this is that I was just sampling for a huge anniversary dinner for my parents. Thank God I didn't buy food for my expected 77 family members and friends because everyone would have been as greatly disappointed as I am. I made sure to inform most of my friends not to waist their time or money and advise anyone reading this to do the same!!!

change is a good thing said...

Anon,

I'm sorry to hear that you felt this way. Obviously everyone has different opinions of things and since you didn't like it, I'm glad you didn't order it for the dinner for your parents anniversary. I was really pleased with the products I received which is why I reviewed them as I did here. I wish you better luck in finding what you are looking for elsewhere. Thanks for reading my blog and letting me know what you thought though, I do appreciate it. I hope the anniversary party is a huge success. :)

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Omaha Steaks has a 70% off deal running through the end of the month, if you are a Borders Perks member. You can get 5 dinners for 4 (steaks, burgers, potatoes, hot dogs, chicken) for 60 bucks.

Seet said...

You sound like a fucking billboard for Omaha steaks..you better be getting paid to talk that faggy about some steaks.

Kristin Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.