Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oh, the bank can be so irritating...

I log on and check my bank balance every morning, just to keep tabs on my checkbook and verify what has cleared. Well today, for the 3rd time this year, I have had to contact the bank because they have cleared checks for the wrong amount. This time it was only $.10 over what I had written it for and the store had shanked it as, but this is the 3rd time this year!!! I wonder how many of us are losing money by not paying closer attention to this. And why is it that each of these times, they have cleared the check for amounts over what I wrote them for, never less than? Hmmm! I guess I will have to continue to keep tabs on this, very irritating for sure!

5 comments:

SavingDiva said...

I had the same thing happen except it was for $0.50. Annoying...

budgets are sexy said...

how odd??? now i'm gonna get paranoid! haha... at least you're a smartie and keep on top of it, good job :)

HighClassLowIncome said...

I don't write many checks, but I don't think this has ever happened to me? I'm going to start checking!

Escape Brooklyn said...

That's crazy! Balancing my checkbook with those kinds of mistakes would drive me nuts.

My only check-writing fiasco happened when I bought a painting from a street artist. For some reason my bank bounced the check so the artist never got the money (and probably got dinged with a bounced check fee to boot). Turns out my bank incorrectly processed a deposit I had made as a withdrawal, so my account was wrongly in the negatives.

When I stopped in at my bank to correct the bounced check mistake they told me there was nothing they could do and that I should "enjoy the mistake," but I felt bad for the guy I bought the painting from! He must think I'm a total jerk. But at least the mistake was in my favor for once, I suppose. =S

The Frugalista Files said...

That's a major problem.You may need to switch banks.