Friday, April 11, 2008

April check-in.....

1/3 of the month is gone and I am doing really, really well on my budget this month! So far, I have not eaten out at all and I have had 8 no spend days! 9 if you count today and I don't anticipate any money leaving my wallet today either. I did go grocery shopping the other day and my total after the reimbursements from work means I spent $45.36. I really don't think I will need to get groceries for at least another week or so. Yeah! Gas, I have spent $31 and the needle has barely left the full line, which means this should be good for quite awhile too. Still no new clothes and no entertainment costs, although last night my mom and I went to a movie, but I had a gift card and she bought the snacks. I'm heading to the library after work today and probably stopping by Blockbuster, I have a gift card for there too. So far, April is indeed looking like a very small spending month for me. I hope this continues for the rest of the month.

This weekend is suppose to be the nicest weather we have had yet this year, maybe even up to 70* on Saturday! Yeah! I can sit out on my deck with a good book and a glass of wine! :) Hope everyone has a fantastically frugal weekend!

8 comments:

budgets are sexy said...

You're on fire, keep it up this weekend!!! and that glass of wine sounds awesome...

...i'm actually at work right now and sneaking a beer. don't tell anyone!

Canadian Saver said...

You're doing great!! Aren't those gift cards awesome?! I have a few more I can use too :-)

j, at work and drinking?! Naughty ;-)

Bailey said...

It must be something in the air. I am doing great on my monthly budget also.

JP said...

Congrats! Habit changing is so difficult, it's great to hear you're having success with your gameplan. :)

lpkitten said...

that's great! gas is a tough one for me. i just can't seem to keep it in my tank! :)

LeighAnn said...

You are doing such a wonderful job.....keep it up and you will do great!!

I am doing a raffle at my site if you are interested.

I AM SO BROKE!!

Tee hee!

Sharon said...

No spend days are so hard! Congrats!! I love giftcards...they come in handy when you don't want to spend any money!

Estabilizador e Nobreak said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.