Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April better be a small spending month...

I was crunching some numbers this afternoon, wanting to know exactly where I would be financially this month. I'm happy to report that I don't have much planned this much, so it should be pretty easy to get by on what I think I will have to spend. As I said earlier, I am hoping to have at least 20 no spend days this month, I think, given the numbers I saw this afternoon, that will be easier than I thought. It looks like I will have only $250 for gas, food and any other necessities. I could put less in savings and have more to spend, but I don't want to. I think I will be just fine with the $250 and if something comes up, I know there is money in savings if I really, really need it. It's nice that the weather is starting to get better too, I can go out and do more that won't cost me anything. Plus, tomorrow my Omaha Steaks order will arrive giving me lots of food to eat as well as what I already have on hand from my big shopping trip last weekend. So, I have another challenge for myself this month, I'm up for it, bring it on!!!

OK, to be fair, I also have lots of gift cards if I get a real hankering to spoil myself at all. :)

No comments: