Thursday, March 13, 2008

Workplace gripes

OK, so apparently all the men in the company are taking tomorrow afternoon off to go skiing!!! Mind you, I don't ski, but I think it's quite rude that neither myself nor the other woman here were even asked if we wanted to go!! The company is also paying for every one's lift ticket. OK, so what do we get out of this? Certainly she and I are not staying at the office while everyone else is out skiing! She is a part owner of the company, so she made an executive decision that she and I are leaving the office when they do and heading for manicures and pedicures, on the company credit card! Oh, and she and I are going out for lunch, again on the company. :) Thank God she is around, or I think I would have ended up being the only one here at the office all afternoon while everyone else is skiing and having fun! Men! I swear, they can be so inconsiderate sometimes!

6 comments:

asgreen said...

Inconsiderate, it sounds sexist to me. I can't beleive the other women is part-owner and wasn't even invited.

shinyruby2 said...

yep, ditto to above but hmmm.. WHATEVER - sounds like you have a FAB girly arvo planned. Lunch, pedis', pampering- rock it on girl!!! HAVE A BALL! xx

The Frugalista Files said...

Go treat yourself!

fin_indie said...

wow. what industry is this in?

bsimms@miamiherald.com said...

That's downright criminal.

At least you got to make a day of it.

But still... that can't be legal, can it?

SavingDiva said...

At least your nails are going to look fabulous!