Friday, March 28, 2008

A part-time job in my future???

A customer/friend of my current employer is taking me to lunch on Tuesday and would like to discuss hiring a part time bookkeeper. He wants to know what to pay someone and discuss the job. He didn't say he wants to offer me the job, but I think if I told him I was interested he would be willing to hire me. He wants someone for only about 5-7 hours a week which would be easy for me to fit into my schedule, he pays really well and we already get along great and know each other quite well. The duties he mentioned on the phone today are already things that I do at my regular job, so the learning curve would be minimal, but the extra pay could really help me attain and exceed some of my goals. I'm really looking forward to having lunch with him on Tuesday and I will keep you all posted on how it goes. :)

Have a great weekend everyone! I hope you all have fabulous plans! If it stops snowing here, I will be quite happy!

3 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

I do this for my godmother's business... it's a great p/t job with barely any stress (just a bit come then end of the year or so).

Go for it! (and good luck!)

Ruby said...

Sounds great! But what about the tax implications? Here in Finland if you have a "normal job" and take on some extra work, the tax rate for the side job is much higher.

You can get around it by registering as a freelancer and giving an annual estimate for total income, but then you lose all the standard benefits of being a wage slave.

SavingDiva said...

I have a part time job, and I just contribute all of my earnings to my down payment fund. I have to admit that it's easier not to spend if I never have access to it.