Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Almost blew the lunch challenge today....

The only other female working in my company and I have become friends, probably because are the only 2 women and there are 19 men, but I like to think we would be friends anyway. Anyhow, today we had a little bitch session about the men around here and thought we should go out to lunch just to get out of the office. I was all for it today, the men are driving me nuts. BUT, my boss asked me at the last minute if I could order in lunch for a few of us as there were somethings he would like to discuss over a lunch meeting. On the plus side this saved me the money of going out to lunch, but I also missed out on the chance to get out and spend some time with a friend. Oh well, I am focusing on the money I saved, that's definitely a good thing! Plus it helps me keep up my record of not buying lunch everyday since Jan 1st. Hoping to make it everyday this year. Maybe next time she suggests we go out for lunch, I will suggest we take a walk, good for our health and our wallets. :)

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

I blew the lunch challenge again! Oops!

Kim said...

I have been on a hiatus for a few months now, but I am back. I went out to lunch today, however it ended up to be a freebie.