Monday, February 11, 2008

What to do with my tax refund.....

Well, after reading the comments on my last post, I have been giving it some thought over the weekend and I think I have decided what to do. I am going to take the $1323 I am getting back and put $1200 towards my Roth IRA and use the remaining $123 to buy myself some new jeans. Luckily I can wear jeans to work, so I think I will buy a couple pair and be set for awhile. I am already contributing $200/month to the Roth and adding this $1200 puts me at $3600 for the year. I will also add the $600 tax rebate bringing that total up to $4200 meaning I will only need to add another $800 for the year to max this out. I am really hoping to do that this year as I think it will really help get the momentum going for my retirement. This will be the first year I will be able to max it out, so wish me luck! I'll keep you posted on the progress.

3 comments:

Escape Brooklyn said...

That sounds like a great plan! =)

Seo Link Master said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seo Link Master said...
This comment has been removed by the author.