Monday, February 25, 2008

Frugal weekend and upcoming week....

This past weekend I didn't spend much money at all and I was also quite busy, didn't spend the whole weekend at home. ;) Friday I went to a Southern Living party at a friend's house, she had a wonderful dinner and dessert spread. There were a lot of great things I could have bought, but I had brought my practical side with me and new I didn't need any of them. I order a 2 year subscription to a magazine I enjoy reading, it was only $20 for 2 years, so I was happy with that. Saturday I volunteered at a school auction and was busy the entire day with that, it was a fun way to spend the day, something different to do and I enjoyed it. They fed us so much great food too, it was wonderful. Sunday found me at home doing laundry and cleaning chores and the like, but I had plans to go meet a friend for happy hour at 3:00, she was treating for my birthday which is coming up this week. We had a great time catching up too, and I have found a great new place for happy hour. All the food was either $2, $3, or $4, such a great deal. And even better that I wasn't buying! :) I love birthdays! This whole week seems to have turned into birthday week for me. I have plans tomorrow evening, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings! Yikes that is a lot of eating out, thankfully I won't be paying for it, except in the waistline. I hope my clothes still fit after all of this indulgence! ;) Hope everyone has a fantastic week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!

Lilo said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a blast!