Thursday, January 17, 2008

Making the most of a bad situation....

So, I went to the dentist today for a regular cleaning and to get a toothache checked out. I've had this toothache for about 3 months, I know, I know, I should have had it checked sooner, but I was too busy. I had nightmares about hearing that I was going to need a root canal or something, and although I still might, my dentist wants me to try an antibiotic first to see if that helps. He doesn't see any cracks in the tooth and he is hoping that there is just a small infection that can be taken care of with some amoxicillan. I'm all for the less expensive and much less painful option of taking care of it. Crossing my fingers that this will make it all go away. I will go pick up my prescription this evening and I was thrilled to see that in the grocery ad this week there was a coupon for a $30 gift card for the grocery store when you bring a new or transferred prescription in. Yeah, so I will get my antibiotic which is always a cheap one and then get a $30 gift card for my groceries that I will need to be getting tonight also. So, at least I will be able to hopefully take care of my toothache with an inexpensive prescription and will also get my groceries for just about free. I also have a coupon for the store that when you spend $25 you get $5 off, so I plan on using that too. I'll let you know how well I do on my shopping tomorrow.

No comments: