Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lunch

Today is a rainy, cold, blustery day and I didn't bring my lunch to work. All morning I was thinking about how I really, really didn't want to go out and get something for lunch, but I have to eat darn it! So, a few minutes after lunch started and I'm still sitting at my desk contemplating leaving or suddenly going on a diet :), I remembered that I have a can of chili in my desk that would be just dandy for lunch today! Thank goodness it was there because I really didn't want to go out in the rain, but even worse, I didn't want to go out and spend any money! Does that make me cheap? I'm OK if it does! ;) I knew that tonight I would be going straight home from work and wouldn't be spending any money. There's something to be said for having a day when no money leaves your wallet. This time of year they are few and far between, so I was ecstatic about a can of chili! Seems silly doesn't it?! Oh well, I'll certainly enjoy this day of spending no money! Hope you all have a day like that too!

1 comment:

last in line said...

You did great! I wish my work had microwave so that I could bring in lunch more often!! It's mostly cold sandwich or a thermos of soup for me. The other times I just HAVE to go out because I want warm lunch!