Monday, December 10, 2007

A hodgepodge of things....

First of all, the Christmas party on Friday night was amazing! It was at the Seattle Golf Club, which was so decked out in the finest decorations and looked absolutely beautiful! My date was a friend of mine, it was his company Christmas party, and we had so much fun! The food was excellent, and the evening was awesome. I think it helped put me in the Christmas spirit a little bit more. I have been feeling kind of down about the holidays since I don't have a boyfriend this year and after the past 3 Christmases with the same boyfriend, I was thinking this one was going to stink! But I am feeling much better now!

Going to a party like this with a friend was a lot of fun and got me to thinking about not having a boyfriend this year and how much less pressure there is. My shopping list is drastically reduced in size this year compared to the past several years. My ex-boyfriends birthday was on Christmas day, so I really had to do double duty with the shopping, not to mention all of his family. I'm curious to see where I end up on my Christmas budget this year, I think I will be amazed at how much money I am saving by being single! And you know I've got to like that this whole thing is saving me some money! What to do with all this extra cash!?! Hmm, maybe I better just wait and see how much extra cash this really is before I start coming up with grand ideas of what to do with it. Ha!

I am getting ready to do my holiday baking this coming weekend and started to realize I don't have to bake nearly as much this year as in the past, again because there is no boyfriend and boyfriend's family expecting my homemade treats! That makes me very happy, because I have to admit, I was starting to feel like it was expected of me to make all this stuff. I will make a platter of homemade treats for the office party, but those guys don't care if there is less variety, as long as there is a lot of it. It's easy to double and triple recipes when you are already going to the trouble of making something, so it won't really be that much extra work. Actually less work in the long run than coming up with several items.

And then the Christmas bonus will be coming in on the 21st. I wonder how much it will be? Last year it was $250, I'm hoping for at least that much this year if not more. I'll keep you posted on that front.

And now for my 2007 income grand total coming from online surveys..............$493.90. Not bad for not really that much of my time this past year. Hopefully next year this income will increase even more. In the last few months I have been logging in almost daily to the survey sites I participate in and I think the amount of survey invitations for me has increased just from this couple of minutes of time. In fact 62% of that income has come since I started logging on daily and that was just at the end of September that I started doing that. Might be something to think about if you happen to participate in any survey sites.

I can't believe how quickly 2007 is coming to an end and that it will be 2008 in just a few short weeks. I'm doing my best to really enjoy the holiday season and wishing happy holidays to everyone........

2 comments:

last in line said...

Hey. Stumbled upon your site today. I am enjoying reading it.

Simplicity In Kansas said...

Have a great xmas and while life changes at time, I am sure you will be enjoying xmas with friends and family! :>)