Monday, November 19, 2007

Spending so far this month...

Well, so far this month I am doing pretty well for not keeping a budget per se. I have been tracking but not budgeting. My groceries are at $72.22 and that includes feeding 8 people on Saturday for tailgating. (It was my turn to supply the main dish.) Gas is only at $45.01 and dining out is only at $48.93, half of which was spent yesterday going out with a friend I hadn't seen in almost 2 years!! And I had leftovers from yesterday that I will soon be eating for lunch today. So, not too bad.

I have earned an extra $64.80 this month from surveys, so that will certainly help out with some Christmas shopping. I have not bought one thing yet, but that will all change this afternoon when I am off work and I go to Target to pick up a bathrobe for my niece. I noticed it was in the ad yesterday, so I will go get that today and will have started my shopping. Yeah! Thankfully, I don't have too much to shop for this year, but still, I can't believe I haven't even started! This is so not like me! I'm usually done by now and everything is wrapped and ready to go. I think when I get home tonight I will sit down with my recipes and figure out what I am going to bake this year. That is always fun!

So, for not budgeting this month, I think I am doing fairly well. Oh, and I paid an extra $400 on my mortgage! :)

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving! Gobble gobble!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Keep up the good work!

Escape Brooklyn said...

Wow, you are doing so well! I'm impressed!

Sense to Dollars said...

Great job! I enjoy these posts because I am also tracking the spending. I must eat and drive more than you do, 'cause you got me beat at every category! :)