Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Back from vacation...

We had a wonderful time, the weather was great, the kids had fun, and I even came home with more money in my wallet than I thought I would! :) I didn't buy much while we were gone, mainly food, and one photo of the 5 of us on Splash Mountain, there wasn't anything I really wanted to buy. I split the hotel, car rental and gas with my brother and his family, so my portion only came to $350 for the 6 days we were gone, not bad I think. First thing I did when I got back to work yesterday was to log on to the bank and see where my checking account was, then I wrote a check to my money market fund so that I can continue to bring the balance up on my savings.

I have started looking ahead to expenses for the next couple of months and am happy to report that I don't have much that will be needed for Christmas shopping, I have pared down my shopping list considerably this year, so that will mean less stress and less money spent. :) I am looking forward to decorating my new condo this year for the holidays, but even with that, I don't think much money will be spent, I have a lot of decorations and with the condo being on the small side, I think I have plenty of stuff.

So far, November is looking like it will be a good month for me to save more money and get a jump on my Christmas shopping. I am looking forward to the holidays this year and not going overboard with things. Are you ready for the season?

2 comments:

Escape Brooklyn said...

Welcome back and I'm glad you had a good trip! I haven't even started thinking about the requisite holiday purchases yet but your post reminds me that I probably should...

YeaYuh said...

Welcome back.

I am ready for the holidays but not ready for the travling. However, I do have everything saved up for traveling and gifts so I am doing much better this year.