Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New shopping record

Had to go grocery shopping again today on my way home from work. Why do I always put this off until I have to stop on the way home or I won't have anything for dinner? I must get better about this! Grocery store still in the midst of remodel and it's getting more and more confusing every time I go in there. Today was the start of a new ad, so I thought I would get in there and get the good stuff (loss leaders) before they run out and I have to get a rain check, that I never remember to use, so there I was stuck in the middle of rush hour in the grocery store. Ugh! BUT, I walked out of there tonight with $61 worth of groceries for the low, low price of $5.47!! That put a smile on my face for sure! Ok, I am a big Diet Coke addict and they had a sale 5/12 packs for $12, not bad, so I stocked up, oh and if you buy 5 of them, you also get 2 boxes of crackers free! Crackers are one of my favorite snacks, so I think, what the heck! I also bought some beer for tailgating this coming Saturday and some cornbread mix, also for tailgating, some laundry soap, milk and some tampons. So, I get up to the register and she rings it all up, I run my loyal shopper card, cuts the bill in half. Then, I pull out my $25 gift card I earned for doing surveys, run that, leaving me with a balance of $5.47! Oh, and I got 2 big baking potatoes for dinner tonight and my lunch for tomorrow. I'm quite pleased with this shopping trip and am sitting here right now enjoying a beer while my potato bakes away in the oven. I think I'm beginning to like going to the grocery store at rush hour, I seem to be doing quite well in my shopping. I certainly hope this is a new trend for me.....

No comments: