Monday, October 8, 2007

Money and vacationing..........

Are we really only 1 week in to October? Maybe it's because I am leaving for vacation on the 30th, or that I have already written out all of my bills for the month, but it sure seems like it should be later than the 8th! I went shopping over the weekend with my cousin for her birthday. I was very good and only came home with 2 sweaters and a t-shirt. And now I am taking one of the sweaters back and the t-shirt, so I was very good! :) I have already taken the cash out of my checking account that I will be taking on vacation and since I pay my credit card off each month, I know I can use that for vacation as well. But looking at the numbers, I feel broke already! Maybe it will help me to keep a frugal mindset seeing that the money is already spent for the month, even though I know it won't actually come out of the account for a few weeks. And there is still plenty in there to enjoy on my vacation, but I know that what is there is suppose to last me until the end of the month. I really might actually have more money for vacation if I am in this frugal mindset. I tend to play a lot of mind games with myself in regards to money, does anyone else do that? I know I have money in my savings that I can pull for vacation, but I hate, I'm really hate, taking money out of savings, even though it's there for just such things as vacation. I know once I am actually there and we are enjoying our days in Disneyland, I won't think twice about spending the money and enjoying the trip. I guess I would rather keep things frugal before going and then not worry about the money I am spending while I am gone, I can always save money when I get home again! Plus when I get home, I will have just had another paycheck deposited into my account. It will be good for me this month though, because I want to make sure I have the money to spend while on vacation and seeing a smaller balance in the checkbook might just help me say no to extra, unnecessary expenses this month.

1 comment:

SavingDiva said...

I also hate to pull money out of my savings account...I only do it for an emergency.