Friday, September 14, 2007

Some happy news on retirement.....

After meeting with the financial advisor he gave me some homework assignments. Some were quick little things that took no longer than a couple of minutes to complete. Then there was one that I had been dreading doing. I knew that I have a pension coming from my long ago days of working in grocery. I don't know why I was dreading finding out the details, thinking that it would require a lot of legwork on my part. So, financial advisor calls me the other day, wants to know how I am doing on finding out that information, still nothing done on my end. After I get off the phone with him I decide that I should at least go online to see what I can find. After about 10 minutes of online research and 5 minute phone call, I have my answers. Turns out that if I wait until age 63, I will get a pay out of $449.74 each month. Not a huge amount, but it's nice to know that I will be able to count on it. And if I ever do decide to go back to work in grocery, I will just add to that pension. I really enjoyed my job there, it was low stress and for the most part, really fun talking to people every day and I usually had nice co-workers too. Always nice to know that I can fall back on it if I need/want to. Financial Advisor was quite impressed at how quickly I was able to get this info back to him as well.

1 comment:

Escape Brooklyn said...

Wow, that's an exciting thing to find out about! Congrats on the pension details.