Friday, September 28, 2007

A small success, but I'll take it!

After work today I had to go to Target to fill a prescription. I was transferring a prescription there to take advantage of the transfer special to get a $10 gift card. While I was waiting for the pharmacy to fill the prescription I wandered around the store. I ended up in the women's clothing, surprise surprise! I even ended up in the dressing room with a cute pair of pants to try on. They fit in the waist, which is great, usually the waist of most pants sticks out really far in the back and it drives me crazy. These fit, but they were about 8" too long! Ugh! I hate being only 5' tall and about 90 pounds! I can never find nice clothes in my size! Anyway, with the gift card the pants would have only cost me about $13, but then I would still have to get them shortened (I don't sew!). So, I thought about them for a few minutes, then put them back on the rack and walked back to the pharmacy where my prescription was ready and so was my gift card. I picked both up and walked out of the store. Yeah! I think I will hold on to the gift card and see about using it for some Christmas shopping later. I felt very proud of myself for my restraint when it came to the new pants. Of course it helped that I thought about having to blog about blowing it again on the new pants. Thanks for keeping me in check! Have a great weekend everyone, and hopefully I will steer clear of clothes shopping. Yikes! I will cherish this small victory tonight. :)

6 comments:

Kansas Simplicity said...

I too have been thinking about prescription transfer as CVS is offering a similar offer to obtain a gift card although I support of pharmacy on the campus where I work since it is so convenient. Also, I like the pharmacist as she is very helpful too so I am somewhat torn about chasing the money....

Congrats on the bargain too..nice to save a little money.

Simplicity in Kansas

Still Figuring It All Out said...

What places have you found offer gift cards? I found Rite Aid did, but my local CVS and Wal-Mart said no. Do you just keep transferring them from one to another?

SMB said...

I know how you feel about clothes shopping--I'm about 5'2" and just over 100 lbs., but with NO hips to speak of. When I find pants that fit I'm so excited! I'm going to upload a post shortly wherein I describe the dye job I did on some beloved jeans just this past weekend. I didn't want to let them go, but they were so faded--the good news is that the dye job was successful, and I'm wearing my "new old" jeans today!

change is a good thing said...

Still figuring,

I don't transfer them often, but when I see an offer like this for a free gift card I usually will. Between work and home, I pass all the big chain grocery stores and most drugstores too, so it's not out of my way to do this. I use to see these offers more frequently, but not as much anymore. Usually it's Safeway and Target that I see them for. If I don't have an offer to use, I will usually go to the QFC right by my house because it's where I do my grocery shopping.

change is a good thing said...

SMB,

I'm a big fan of redying clothes! Unfortunately I now have a front loading wash machine so I can't dye things. I guess I will have to do them at my mom's house. :) I know what you mean about finding clothes that fit and not wanting to get rid of them.

LeighAnn said...

Good job! I know how hard it is to stay focused and not just buy now and deal with later attitude.

You should be so proud of yourself. That is a hard thing to do, to always realize what you are doing and stop it.

GREAT JOB!