Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's time for a shopping exile again........

This morning while I was getting ready for work, I started taking a good look around my condo. In the bathroom I realized that I have 4 different kinds of hairspray, 3 kinds of shower gel, and 5 different kinds of mousse and gel for my hair. Then I went into the kitchen to find something to eat for breakfast and something to take for lunch. The problem? I had way too much food to choose from and it made it really difficult for me to decide what to bring today. Then I go to my closet to get dressed, what do I find but SEVERAL options of clothes to wear! It made me stop and think how lucky I am to have this problem! How many people get upset by having an over abundance of things? Probably not many, but many people also probably do not realize how lucky they are to have so much! I decided that it's time for me to stay out of the stores again for a bit. I have plenty and need to go through some of this stuff before I can justify buying more. I really think I would be fine to not buy any clothes the rest of this year and I know I can go a couple of months without buying any styling products for my hair. As for food, I should really only be going for perishables right now, I have a freezer loaded with food and a pantry that is busting at the seams. I will try to use up what I've got before buying more or eating out and will use the money saved from this to continue funding my emergency savings. Does anyone else ever do this?

No comments: