Sunday, August 12, 2007

A wonderful vacation...

I am currently on vacation and I am loving it! I decided that I wasn't going to go another year, not taking all of my vacation time and losing it when the next year rolled around. So, I took last Thursday and Friday off, and I will have Monday and Tuesday off as well. I really haven't been doing much, but it has been WONDERFUL!! Just the idea of having 6 days off in a row without any commitments has been so relaxing.

Thursday I went walking with a friend of mine early in the morning, earlier in fact than I get up to go to work. It's funny how it is much easier to get up for something like an early morning walk than it is to get up for work! :) I spent the rest of the day spoiling myself. I got a manicure and pedicure, both at the beauty college, at very reasonable prices and it's nice to let the students get more hours in for their experience. I went to a matinee, also less expensive than if I had waited one hour later!

Friday was just as relaxing, starting again with the early morning walk, such a wonderful way to start the day! Then I went to a local festival and wandered around checking everything out. I didn't buy anything, but it was so fun to look. Friday afternoon was the big date with the firefighter from the parade! He called! Yeah! So fun! Then Friday evening I went school clothes shopping with my niece and nephew and was so proud of my nephew for figuring out that he could get several shirts he liked for the same price as one REALLY cool shirt! He's the bargain shopper for sure! I couldn't have been more proud!

Saturday I went to a hot rod show and BBQ for charity, very fun! Those cars amaze me! Back to the festival on Saturday night and hanging out with many friends I haven't seen in years! One of the fun things about still living in the same small town I grew up in is that a lot of people come back every summer for this weekend and it's so fun to reconnect with old friends.

Sunday, ahhh, what a lovely day relaxing and reading on my porch and taking cat naps throughout the day! And vacation is not over yet! I still have 2 more days off! Not sure what those days will involve, hopefully more relaxing and taking the days as they come! ;) I hope everyone else has had as great a weekend as I have.

I am looking forward to going back to work on Wednesday, of course knowing it will only be 3 days of work before heading in to the weekend again does help!! :)

Does anyone else ever take their vacation time like this? I know, I for one will do it again next year for sure! All this great fun and I still have 3 weeks of paid time off to take before next July.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

This comment really doesn't relate to this post, but I thought I would take a stab at the book your Mom bought you. Was it Suze Orman's "Women & Money"??