Monday, July 9, 2007

Just a few little notes on things that have been going on. As it's summer and the weather has been great, I have spent little to no time on my computer, therefore no posts. Sorry, I always want to play hooky when the weather is nice. Thought I would drop a quick note before I head out the door from work.

I have been out running a lot, early in the morning (4:30am) before it gets too hot. Last year at this time I was training for a marathon which was great fun, but I decided not to do it this year. I am thinking that next year I would like to do the Maui marathon. A great excuse to take a trip to Hawaii! :) So, I have started saving all of my found change in a big jar. So far so good, the bottom is covered and it's about an inch tall. I always round up my checks at the grocery store so I will get back a little change. And for some reason I have a knack for finding money. So all that will go in there too! This past weekend in fact I found a $10 bill while out walking! Yeah for me, too bad for person who lost it. I will add this to my marathon fund!

I am gearing up to have gum surgery this Friday! Ugh! Unfortunately I have been through this before, so I know exactly what to expect! I have stocked up on jello, pudding and ice cream for my recovery. Certainly won't be eating much, but oh well, when it's hot I rarely feel like eating anyway. I better head to the library and get some good books though. And I have yet to find out what this is going to cost me. My insurance should cover 80-90% which is great, but I don't know the total yet! I should really try to find that out before Friday!

And, I finally need to get new tires on my 2000 Honda Civic, first time though, so that's not bad! And I know that for this little car it won't be too extremely expensive. Thankfully! And I do need to get a new battery, also a first for this car. I keep reminding myself that it is much cheaper to maintain a car than to get a new one! ;) But why is it that these expenses always hit at once? Can someone please explain this to me? At least I have the money to pay for all of these things now and won't have to dig out the CC.

Well folks, I am heading out into the sunshine again. Don't forget to put your sunscreen on! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Escape Brooklyn said...

I have friends from NYC who did the Maui marathon twice. They loved it and it was a great chance for them to take a vacation. And what a way to stay motivated to run at 4:30 a.m.!